One of the distinctive features of the building is its state-of-the-art energy and environmental management program, which includes comprehensive recycling (paper, glass, metal and plastic) and composting services for tenants.
||Certified LEED Canada EB:O&M, Le 1500 is one of the most energy efficient office buildings in Montreal.
Assessment criteria for the certification include energy efficiency and air quality, water efficiency and consumption, use of materials and recycling, indoor environmental quality and ecological outdoor landscaping.
||The Environment Prize honors the building where environmental considerations are of utmost importance, such as, the reduction of environmental risks, the eco-cleaning and air quality, the recycling, to name a few.
||"BOMA BEST - Platinum" level awarded by BOMA (Building Owners and Managers Association) Canada. This honour is given for performance excellence, low energy consumption and outstanding management. It is a remarkable achievement, especially considering that only 1% of buildings in Quebec earn this distinction.
||Winner of an Énergia award in the "Old Building/Improved Energy Efficiency" category for superior results in terms of heating, cooling and air-conditioning technologies.
1500 is committed to taking concrete action to protect the environment
DID YOU KNOW THAT?
- In 2015, nearly 23 tons of organic materials have been diverted from landfills, an increase of 32.3% over 2014. At the same time, we observed a reduction in the amount of organic materials generated by more than 11 metric tonnes. This reduction can be explained in part by the withdrawal of the hand paper dispensers in the toilets of the common area of Le 1500. According to Recyc-Québec, organic materials represent 44% of the waste generated by Quebecers, an average of 184 kg per person, per year.
- In 2015, we reduced our consumption of cardboard and paper by 18%, representing more than 32 tonnes over 2014. Each day, we cut an impressive number of trees in order to produce paper sheets. It is estimated that approximately 8500 sheets can be produced with an average size tree. In parallel, an average size mature tree produces each year approximately 120 kg of oxygen from CO2 and eliminates, within a year period, the equivalent produced by a car that runs approximately 42,000 kilometers.
- We only use 100% eco-friendly products for the upkeep of Le 1500 building. We encourage you to do the same at home. The average family uses 20 to 40 litres of cleaning products per year. In Canada, 54 000 tonnes of toxic substances are released into the environment on an annual basis, which substances are harmful to health.
- Since the introduction of the Electrobac, employees of Le 1500 recovered 1346 electronic items such as chargers, cables and other electronics representing 105 kg in just 6 months! Materials from the recycled electronics such as metals and plastics, will be reused to manufacture a variety of products. If electronic waste is consid.
- At 1500 pens are recovered. They will be transformed to the following to create new everyday products such as pencil holders, wastebaskets, watering cans. This helps prevent the depletion of resources and precious energy.
- Used batteries are collected and recycled at 1500 for reducing heavy waste. In fact, only 6% are recovered, 94% goes to the trash, which represents 40,000 tons of heavy metals sent in Quebec’s landfills.
- In 2009, we replaced all 130 of our outdoor lighting fixtures, which translated into energy savings of 29,000 watts a year.
- All the faucets in the common areas are equipped with water-saving devices and motion detectors to minimize consumption of this most precious of resources.
- LUFA FARMS, « rooftop greenhouse farms » offers employees of Le 1500 the opportunity to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables and a multitude of other products that are carefully selected for their taste and natural ingredients. Biological controls are used to overcome harmful pests instead of synthetic pesticides, herbicides and fungicides. Since its beginning, Lufa Farms’s mission is to grow food where people live and grow it more sustainably.
For additional information or to become a member, please go to this link : https://montreal.lufa.com
- BIXI PROGRAM - Since 2013, Le 1500 offers the BIXI multi-user program that remains to date a great success. From mid-April to end of November, Tenants of Le 1500 have access to the BIXI bicycle network during office hours for free up to 60 minute trips.
Download Le 1500's green guide